If you're in a rush to get new furniture installed into your workplace, use these five tips to get the ball rolling a little faster.
- Skip the specials. Anything out of the ordinary takes more time to produce. In addition to specifying, getting manufacturer approval and drawing up one-of-a-kind plans, you will have to wait for the manufacturer to fit special production time into their regular schedule to produce unique items. If you’re in a rush, stick to the standards.
- Check out the “quick ship” products. Most manufacturers keep small collections in inventory that are ready to be shipped out the door within a matter of days. By ordering from these options, you will not have to wait the standard 4-6 weeks for production. Note, however, that in doing so, your options are much more limited as far as product offering, colors/finishes, and configurations available.
- Have a game plan. If you already have your vision or furniture standard to adhere to, the process of picking pieces will be much easier. Image going to the grocery store without a list. Without an idea of what you need, you’ll take more time shopping around; pick things up you don’t need, and buy ingredients that don’t actually work together. With a list, you can get in, get out, and get cooking.
- Stay in contact. Very rarely do businesses give dealers carte blanche on picking and ordering workplace interiors. Without a decision maker to sign off on plans, approve budgets and pick finishes, a project is at a standstill. If you’re in a time crunch, make sure you’re available to make deadlines happen.
- Measure twice, cut once. This age-old saying in carpentry can be applied in more than one application. If your install is time sensitive, make time to review your order. The more you rush, or rush others, the more room for error. Take the extra day or two to peel over drawings and spec sheets to ensure you’re ordering the correct colors, finishes, sizes, accessories, and options for your job. An extra set of eyes is always a good idea.
For more tips about customizing your workplace, check out our Tips & Resources blogs!