No this isn't a fashion blog post. Entrepreneurs are starting new businesses everyday. All of them find out quickly they have to wear many hats.
As a small business owner you oversee everything with your business. At any given moment you are wearing one hat or another dealing with that days’ challenges. Today, it’s an invoicing issue; yesterday it was a mechanical issue, Tomorrow.. who knows. While wearing these different hats you are losing time focusing on your core business.
Technical issues are one of the biggest drains on a small businesses. Keeping up with technology, small computer upgrades and software issues, leads to thousands of hours lost.
Most small companies face five challenges when it comes to Information Technology.
- High Labor Cost (to hire someone only for IT)
- Slow Turnaround Time (waiting for their outsourced IT to respond)
- Pulling away from core “functions” (having to do the IT yourself)
- Lack of a contingency plan (what happens when your computer fails)
- Risk of theft or system crashes (Malware, Ransomware, etc...)
Is it time to take off the IT hat?
Yes! (Unless your small business is IT. ) You should turn to an expert to help with your IT needs. Partnering with a company that can provide scalable solutions to grow as your IT needs grow. Make sure they have a dedicated response time. Even though you may be small, you are important and should not loose time when technology fails. A good IT partner will sit down with you, define your needs and work with you to obtain the right mix of hardware and software.