I believe it was The Big Lebowski that said it best, “That rug really tied the room together.” Words of wisdom, really. Room design extends further than the scope of your furniture. It’s the walls, lighting, architecture, AND flooring. Now, when asking yourself “Is modular carpet right for me?” The answer is, YES! Here are five reasons why it will really tie the room together.
- Carpet tiles are innovative. Believe it or not, carpet tile has been around more than 50 years! Manufacturers, like Interface, are continually pioneering new processes for producing environmentally-efficient, quality products that stand up to the wear and tear a floor is subject to.
- Modular equals options. Traditional carpet limits you. With tiles, you can mix and match patterns, solids, colors, textures, and shapes. You can cover an entire room, create an area rug or transition from hard flooring to carpet. Carpet tiles can be as traditional or high-design as you’d like, and then easily switched out when you’re tired of how it looks.
- Tiles cut down on waste. Have you ever reconfigured an office and noticed all the “bald” spots where people sat or stood day-in and day-out? Rather than rip out an entire flooring system, carpet tiles allow you to selectively refresh the areas that need refreshing. This not only saves on cost, but also decreases the amount of waste created.
- Modular carpet works well technology integration. Everyone wants power (and not just the world domination kind - hehe). With modular carpet, you can work with various under-floor power systems to take electrical from the walls to the center of the room without ripping everything up.
- Installation is easy. Many modular carpet systems use an adhesive sticker method to install and connect pieces. This thin, plastic square is strong enough to hold a room together, but forgiving enough to provide easy access for selective replacement. Special tools are not required, install moves quickly, in-house staff can easily replace tiles, and no liquid components (like glue) are needed.
So, what’s the next step? Check out our next blog on Modular Carpet Application Ideas!